COMPANY NAME HERE:
*Please write as you would like it presented in all communications and event day items.
Please complete this application in as much detail as possible. The judges will review what you included, and use it in evaluating your organization. All fields are required. Please email your completed application to Info@hrawards.org by Friday August 2, 2019.
INTENT TO APPLY DEADLINE: FRIDAY, JULY 19, 2019 by 5:00 p.m.
Email your company name, award you’re applying for and the number of employees in your HR Department to Info@hrawards.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, AUGUST 2, 2019 by 5:00 p.m.
Save the Date! Winners will be announced at the Awards Dinner, which will take place on Thursday,
November 14 from 5:30pm-9pm at the Crystal Tea Room in Philadelphia.:
Next Steps: Your application will be reviewed in August and finalists will be contacted by August 30.
Onsite Meeting: Part of the application process includes an onsite meeting with the HR Department of the Year judges. Please note that you and your HR Department will need to be flexible in providing a time to meet with the judges within the timeframe they are given to review all applications. The onsite presentation/visit will be scheduled between September 9 – October 29. One of the judges will contact you to review the onsite meeting (e.g., what to expect, how to prepare for it, etc.) and answer your questions.
Who should attend the onsite meeting? The key functional members of the HR department along with the head of HR. The judges would also like to meet separately with the CEO or a member of the Senior Executive team (before or after the HR team meeting).
How long is the onsite meeting? Typically the onsite meeting with the HR team is 2 hours and 45-60 minutes with the CEO/senior executive.
IMPORTANT: Look at your/your HR team's and the CEO's calendars for dates/times to schedule the on-site visit. This will be coordinated with the judges's availability.
Optional: PowerPoint presentation for the HR Team meeting
APPLICANT CONTACT INFO
Head of HR – Name and Tile.
Name: , Title:
Head of HR (Email & Phone)
Number of Employees in Company:
Number of Employees in HR Dept.:
What functions are included in this budget (e.g., Communications, Compensation & Benefits, Training & Development, Talent Acquisition, HRIS, Payroll, Facilities, etc.)?
Please be as descriptive as possible.
1. Are you a division of a larger organization or a stand-alone company? If a division, what is the name of the larger organization and its location? Which HR functions are under your control versus that of the larger organization? Note: To qualify for the award, you must have a significant portion of HR functions under your control.
2. Who does the head of HR report to – Name and Title?
3. How is the HR department organized (i.e., areas of responsibility)? Please attach an organization chart.
Optional Organization chart upload (2mb limit size Acceptable file types jpeg pdf png jpg)
Please be as descriptive as possible. Note – the information you provide is the only information the judges will have to determine if you will be a finalist.
4. What are the top 3 priorities of the HR department and how are they related to the strategic objectives of the organization?
5. In the past 1-2 years, how has the HR department contributed to/impacted the success of the overall organization? Provide details: (a) major initiatives HR led and/or was deeply involved in, (b) how their effectiveness was measured, and (c) the results (impact on business performance, employees' performance, employee engagement, operational efficiency, reduced costs or contained risks, transformation of culture, etc., including trends or comparative benchmarks).
6. In 200 words or less, please tell us why your HR department is exceptional and should win the Human Resources Department of the Year Award. Your answer to this question will be featured as the description in the printed program booklet and will be used to make acknowledgements at the awards dinner.