COMPANY NAME HERE:
Please complete this application in as much detail as possible. The judges will review what you included and
use it in evaluating your organization. All fields are required. Please email your completed application to
Info@hrawards.org by Friday August 2, 2019.
INTENT TO APPLY DEADLINE: FRIDAY, JULY 19, 2019 by 5:00 p.m.
Email your company name, award you’re applying for and the number of employees in your HR Department to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, August 2, 2019 by 5:00 p.m.
Save the Date! Winners will be announced at the Awards Dinner, which will take place
Thursday, November 14, 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., Crystal Tea Room in Philadelphia.
Next Steps: Your application will be reviewed in August and finalists will be contacted by August 30.
*Please only select one category per application.
Employee RelationsTalent AcquisitionTalent ManagementTechnologyBenefitsWellnessCompensationDiversitySocial Responsibility
Head of HR – Name and Title.
Name: , Title:
Head of HR (Email & Phone)
Number of Company Employees:
Number of HR Dept. Employees:
Number of HR Employees in the Excellence Award Category:
Please be as descriptive as possible.
1. Are you a division of a larger organization or a stand-alone company? If a division, what is the name of the larger organization and its location? Which HR functions are under your control versus that of the larger organization? Note: To qualify for the award, you must have a significant portion of HR functions under your control.
2. Who does the head of HR report to – Name and Title?
3. How is the HR department organized (i.e., areas of responsibility)? Please attach an organization chart. Show more detail for the group related to the Excellence Award Category.
Optional Organization chart upload (2mb limit size Acceptable file types jpeg pdf png jpg)
DETAILED ANSWER Questions
Please be as descriptive as possible. Note – the information you provide is the only information the judges will have to determine if you will be a finalist.
4. Identify and describe the initiatives related to the area of Excellence for which you are applying. In what ways are they innovative or a best practice?
5. How have the above initiatives benefited the organization, what quantitative and qualitative measures did you use, and what are the results (e.g., impact on business performance, employees' performance, employee engagement, operational efficiency, reduced costs or contained risks, transformation of culture, etc., including trends or comparative benchmarks)?
6. In 200 words or less, please tell us why your HR department is exceptional in the area of Excellence for which you are applying and why you should win the HR Department of the Year Award. Your answer to this question will be featured as the description in the printed program booklet and will be used to make acknowledgements at the awards dinner.